Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Know Who I Am

I went on an interview this past week and it was very interesting. I scored low on the behavioral test, even though I answered every question honestly. The other tests were computer based and could not score my knowledge of short cuts accurately in either application that I was tested on. In addition to that, the computer based tests kept freezing and wouldn't let me go forward to the next question. I work with the applications every day and I knew that I had the knowledge that they were trying to determine that I had.

When I completed the testing and was told that the scores were low, I heard myself making this comment, " It's a good thing I know who I am, I know what I can do, and I like myself." The interviewer smiled and said that is good! At first I thought, "Well you messed that up!" I just wanted to get out of there! But then I realized that what I was really feeling was something that rose up on the inside of me. I am never going to let a test tell me who I am or what I can do. My value is not determined by what someone else evaluates it to be. God gives me my worth and I can do anything because he says I can.

I realized that as long as I believe in me, it doesn't matter what other people think. So I left that interview a bit indignant, but a bit stronger too.

Always remember that if you allow someone else to decide who you are, you give away your right to be you. Don't give away your power!

No comments:

Post a Comment